Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Perfect Send off

Today is traveling day! I am waiting in the airport in Atlanta to board my plane for Ecuador. So far, so good! This morning began with breakfast with my brother and sister-in-law. They came to say goodbye with breakfast from Chick-fil-A and helped me put the last items in my suitcase. My sister arrived shortly after to take me to the airport. At the ticket counter, I was super excited that my suitcase was the right size...well sort of. I packed everything in one suitcase, a very large suitcase, and my dad helped me pack everything in the best possible way. He really can make anything fit or work the way I want it to work. Although I was pleased all my things fit in one bag, I felt pretty sure I would I have to pay for an overweight bag. Guess how much my suitcase weighs?

You will never guess...68 pounds! I know, WOW! The great news is your suitcase cannot exceed 70 pounds, so mine doesn't. Whew, what a relief! I even had a few pounds to spare! :)

Girls from my small group greeted me to say goodbye at the airport!


God has blessed me with amazing friends, and I am very lucky to have them in my life. Thank you for coming! 


He has also blessed me with a wonderful twin sister. She has shared every major life experience with me, and I don't know what I would do without her. She also gave me a wonderful piece of advice. She half seriously commented, "Please just don't stand under a sign in the airport! If you notice, the sign is behind us! Don't worry, Anna. I'm sitting in a chair far way from any sign! :)

After I went through security and as I was walking to my gate, I saw my cousin. She has returned from her mission trip. It was such an unexpected surprise to run into her! 

The flight from Birmingham was good, and my flight to Quito isn't for about an hour. As I am finishing up an American classic, chicken fingers and fries, I am waiting and answering texts and calls. I can't leave the country without eating what is still one of my favorite foods and talking to my favorite people. :)

On a serious note,  I am amazingly calm and excited to begin my journey. Thank you for all the texts and calls! You have made me feel so loved! I will update as soon as I can once I arrive in Quito. Please continue to pray that I would continue to have safe travels and entrance into Ecuador! :)

2 comments:

  1. Woop Woop!! Glad you are on the way!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures when you get there. We have to skype!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad the suitcase was under the max weight!! You truly have a great group of friends -- they were so sweet to say goodbye at the airport! We will continue to watch your blog for updates. Be safe and HAVE FUN and take a lot of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete