Monday, June 10, 2013

Back to School

I went back to school today after a restful weekend. On Sunday, I went to church, ate with my family, and went to a basketball game at the Foundation. Hermano MIguel introduced me at church. He had me come to the front to say hello to everyone.


This is a picture of the church, and at night, the cross lights up. People can see this cross around the city, especially when it is lit. The children at the Foundation sit by class at church, and every class recites a memory verse during the morning service. After the music the children leave to go to Sunday School at the school while Hermano Miguel or another pastor brings the sermon. 

The Foundation played a basketball game on Sunday afternoon, and everyone came to watch the basketball game. Although the Foundation lost the game, everyone seemed to have a lot of fun. 

School also begins at the church on Monday morning. The teachers lead a small service before the week begins. My Monday schedule is shorter than most days because I have so many breaks. After school, I went to the Coe's house to use the internet. It was so good to talk to my family and my friend, Kristen. As I was walking back down from the Coe's house, I took a few pictures to share with you.


The school is the pink building. You can see the pasture in front of the school with the mountains in the background. 


When I came closer to the school, I took a picture of the side of the building. As you can see, this is a picture of the country of Ecuador with its flag. You can also see a picture of the United States flag, which I thought was interesting. The title says, "Our Ecuador." 


I decided in this picture to give you an idea of the hike from the Coes back to the Foundation. I had already walked more than halfway down the hill to return to my apartment on the Foundation. As you can see, it is a straight incline, but thankfully, it is all downhill when I'm walking back to my apartment. A nice man did offer me a ride down the hill, but I declined because I wanted to take pictures.


The children stay in these houses on the Foundation. There are about 8-10 children in every house, and each house has its own house mother. There are about 140 children currently living on the Foundation. 


This is another view of the city very close to my apartment. 


This is my courtyard where my my apartment is located. I think I'm the only person staying in the apartments at this time, but hopefully as time progresses, more people will come to stay. 

I hope these pictures give you a glimpse into my life in Ecuador. Please continue to pray for me as I continue to serve. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I keep missing your calls! At least the texting is somewhat working! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing these pictures!! It's neat to see where you are living. Love these pink buildings :)

    ReplyDelete