Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Full of Fun and Fellowship

As I am waiting on my clothes to dry, I thought I would write a blog post to catch you up on my life in Ecuador. Since I have last posted, I have fallen into a routine at the Foundation. I was able to buy food in San Luis, so I am no longer hungry or thirsty. God has abundantly answered my prayers, and I know He is working.

I do have some cool news to share about my weekend. Carlos, the owner of Tortugas Pizza in Hoover, is from Ecuador, and his family still lives here.  My co-worker and friend, Lera introduced us before school ended. Carlos gave me his family's contact information, but with the craziness of school ending and trying to leave the country, I forgot to e-mail them before I left. However, Carlos sent me a Facebook message this past week with his family's information again. He also had his family send me a Facebook message. I was very excited to hear from them because they wanted to take me sight-seeing. 

I talked to Andrea, his niece, and she agreed to come pick me up and take me into San Luis yesterday. When Sunday arrived, she and her entire family packed into the car to come and see me. It was so great to meet them and very sweet of them to take me to eat at Pizza Hut. They also took me to San Luis, an Ecuadorian market, and Quito where I was able to meet the rest of the family. It was such a great day, and I hope I get to spend more time with them before I leave. 

On the same day, another team arrived from the States arrived to help the Brocks and the Coes. I was quite surprised to see Margaret, a friend who went to Cuba with me last summer. It is so cool that she is part of this trip because neither one of us knew the other was planning on going to Ecuador this summer.  It was such a great surprise and blessing to see a familiar face! :) 

After school today, Mony asked me if I wanted to go into San Luis. This question is a no-brainer-OF COURSE I want to go! :) I spent the afternoon with Mony and other teachers from the school. They are such a great group of people and have made me feel right at home. God has truly blessed me with Mony, a friend who looks after me and takes care of me. 

When I returned from San Luis, the team from the States were down playing with the children at the Foundation. Ronny and the team asked me if I wanted to come to dinner. This question is also a no-brainer--DEFINITELY! I enjoyed spending time with this group, and Ronny brought me back down to my apartment. :) 

GOD IS GOOD AND ANSWERS PRAYERS! :) I have had such a full couple of days with lots of food, fun, and fellowship. I hope to post pictures of my family and a picture of Mony soon. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I can feel them and know that God is answering each one! :) 



3 comments:

  1. You continue to make my heart swell with pride as I read your blog. Mom & I continue to pray for you each day, and Riley still stands at your bedroom door and wonders why you don't let him in.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it odd that Carlos's family took you to Pizza Hut? I find that kinda funny. I'm glad things are going so well. Let's try to chat sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!! Sounds like you are settling in !! So happy you were able to send some time with these folks. Lets plan to Skype again soon.

    ReplyDelete